Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Welcome Tyler Frank Spinner

I know, I know... it's been a long time since I've blogged anything.  Truth be told, the last couple months of my pregnancy blogging just wasn't a priority.  Rightfully so!  Anyway, the real reason for this blog - Tyler!!





Tyler Frank Spinner was born at 12:45am on June 19, 2011.  I don't think I'll ever be able to top that Father's Day gift!  He was 6 pounds, 10 ounces and 19.5" long - just a bit smaller than I expected!  I guess those utlrasound estimates are purely just estimates!  Initially he was measuring in the 75th percentile, though I believe that's because his legs are LOOONG!  In actuality, he weighs in at the 10th percentile while his length is in the 65th percentile!

I must admit, I had a pretty enviable experience.  On Friday, June 17th I started having subtle contractions, but I wasn't sure if they were Braxton Hicks or legit contractions because they were so light.  Early on June 18th I started thinking they were legit, but they were spaced very far apart and not too intense yet.  However, later that afternoon they started getting more intense and though still very sporadic they were no longer hours apart like earlier in the day.  I anticipated going to the hospital in labor at some point on Sunday, but then the cotnractions started coming on fast and furious around 5:00 in the afternoon.  We started finishing up the hospital bag and taking care of a few things around the house, knowing that this baby would be here soon.

Then, at 9:00pm it all became real.  99% certain that my water broke I called the doctor and was told to go in to L&D to check it out.  At 9:45 we arrived at the hospital where they checked the leak, and sure enough my water broke.  After an internal check they also discovered that I was at 4cm dilated.  Thank God, because the contractions were every 3 minutes at that point and PAINFUL!

Around 11:40 I got my epidural and at midnight the nurse wanted to check my status before putting in a catheder.  Thank goodness she checked because I was fully dilated by this point.  She then decided to have me start the pushing process so that I was close to delivering once the doctor arrived.  Well, that was short lived as after one push the head was already crowning and she still hadn't called the doctor.  Thankfully he must live close.  Once he arrived and prepped I pushed 2 more times and then heard the most amazing sound in the entire world.  My precious baby boy was crying, and had a great set of lungs on him!!

Let me just tell you something about a quick labor - though amazing, the pushing part was hard as hell... My epidural had JUST gone in to effect, so I couldn't feel a thing!  I just had to listen to the nurse and Rob to know what to do.  Whatever I did worked though!



All of us are adjusting well to being home and hopefully soon developing a routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment