Friday, February 18, 2011

It's a Boy!!

Considering this has taken me a few days to update, most of our friends and family know that we're having a baby boy.  We couldn't be more excited!



I can now say that based on mothers intuition and old wives tales we've been thinking it was a boy all along.  I've been one of the lucky few women to not have morning sickness or any of the other symptoms that are supposed to be synonymous with a baby girl.  Thank you for that dear son of mine!  Plus, I've been gravitating to little boy clothes this whole time - such as this onesie that we picked up right away to share the news of our baby boy!



I have bought a few other things because I just want to stock up - but I admit that I need to slow down!  He was weighing in at 15oz. at 21 weeks, which is on the larger side, per my books.  I didn't ask what percentile he's in, but I'll check with the doctor in a few weeks when I go in for my monthly exam.  However, if he is a big boy, he may be up a size in clothing and out of newborn clothes within a few weeks.

I don't know what the proportions of body apendages should be at this point, but is it just me or does he look to have long legs?  He may have some Tellatin in him after all!!  And, like Rob said - with my height and his athletic ability we could have a future athlete in the making!  Or, as the tech said - if he's a big boy it looks like we may have a hockey player in the family.  I don't think our families will have any problem teaching this little guy all he needs to know about hockey!

1 comment: